Sunday, July 21, 2013

May Birchbox Review

May's Birchbox came and I was happy to get it...

Got my cute little box...


Opened it to find some paper that they wanted me to fill in the blanks and put it on twitter...which I don't really do...so...nix on that idea, but thank you very much...


Opened the tissue paper...and this is what I see:


A little perfume...


A little box of emery boards...


Some spray...


Inside the little yellow thing was some sunscreen...


And eyeliner...


So here's the description and my opinion...

Joie/Folle de Joie eau de parfum
For its debut scent, the chic fashion brand created this carefree mix of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood.

-well...i used it all up.  i really like it.  however, no one anywhere commented on it.  and seeing as how i get great reviews of my regular perfume..and got nada on this one...i just used it all up and then told it too bad and went back to my regular.  thumbs up...just not for me.

Tweezerman/Matchbox Itty Bitty Nail Files
Keep these cute mini files in your purse to fix mani mishaps.

-truth here...i didn't actually use them.  i sent them to my daughter.  i don't really need files...and i figure an emery board is an emery board... however, they are super cute.  and it is in a little box that would fix easy in your purse...so...if you wanna, i'm not against them...thumbs up...cute idea...

Beauty Protector/Protect & Detangle
Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir locks in color, adds shine, and instantly detangles.

-this one, I LOVE...how much?  i bought the full size bottle.  it protects against heat styling...the sun...moisturizes...says it keeps frizz down...and adds shine.  so.  and i kind of like the smell.  my hair guy said to use a heat protector, i got this in the mail and loved it, so ordered the real thing.  thumbs up.

Coola/Classic SPF30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
This mineral sunblock is infused with organic antiaging ingredients like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil.

-as far as i can tell, what they say about this is true.  but...i'm trying to not add more products that i already have a few of to my cabinet...and i already have a few facial sunscreens that i like.  so, even though i like it and i do like the scent...i passed this on to my daughter...

Sumita/Color Contrast Eyeliner
Inspired by traditional Indian formulas, this velvety liner glides on easily and lasts for hours.

-k...i was hesitant about this...because eyeliner and me...quite often we don't get along.  but this one?  it really did go on easy!  clean...quick...and it was certainly vibrant.


Once again, I'm keeping my subscription to the Birchbox.  I'm looking forward to seeing what little treasures I get next month.

If you are interested in trying it out, go here:  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=xks65

Yeah, using that link gets me points.  It's okay.  What goes around comes around.  You can have your people give you points.  Plus, I want to see what I can do with points... They have women boxes and men boxes.  I love that the men's costs more, because how often does that happen in the real world?  The website will tell you a four-week wait time for the women's subscription, but I started my subscription April 14th and got April's box a few days later.  So.  Maybe that's there to just have you relax.


















No comments:

Post a Comment