Tuesday, October 8, 2013

September Birchbox Review

Here's September's Birchbox:







This month had some sort of "Heritage" theme.  How they got that, I don't know.  Gotta have some theme though...I guess...

Beauty Protector/Protect & Shampoo
What:  New to the Beauty Protector family, this sulfate-free formula adds shine and volume.
How:  Work a quarter-sized amount into damp hair and rinse.
It was okay.  I didn't love it.  I didn't dislike it.

Beauty Protector/Protect & Condition
What:  Love Protect & Detangle?  Use this nourishing conditioner with shea butter before spritzing.
How:  Work through mid-lengths and ends of hair, then rinse.
Well, I do like the detangle...but this conditioner was just okay.  Same as the shampoo.  I didn't love it.  I didn't dislike it.  I won't be buying either one.

VOESH New York/Green Tea Pedicure Lotion
What:  Reward hardworking feet with this salon-grade moisturizer, rich in antioxidant green tea.
How:  Massage a generous amount into clean, dry skin.
It's good lotion, but it's part of a 3-step treatment and they only gave us one part.  So I'm not keen on buying the full-size set.  Give me samples of the other two steps, I'll have a better idea.  Maybe I'm just cranky today but samples don't cost that much, do they?

RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer/Fox Hunt
What:  Vibrant orange from the fashion label's first lacquer collection.  Exclusive to Birchbox!
How:  Apply two coats for a glossy finish.
I like this.  Glad I got orange, especially with Halloween coming up.  It's fun to wear.  It went on smooth and easy.  One of the hairs in the brush liked to go out to the side, so I had to turn it.  Minor quirk.  I assume it was something wrong with just this brush and not something that happens with every bottle.

Grand Central Beauty/S.M.A.R.T. Skin-Perfecting Polisher
What:  This multitasker made with natural botanicals exfoliates, tones, smooths, and moisturizes.
How:  Massage a dime-sized amount into clean, dry skin for 30 seconds.  Rinse optional.
I love my skin after I exfoliate.  This one, I don't notice a difference.  Tried it a few times, but never noticed a difference.

Now, based on my glowing reviews...if you want to, you can go to birchbox.com/favorites and use code 3YEAR30 to get 30% anything from that page.


If you are interested in trying Birchboxes out, go here:  http://birch.ly/13EggMb

Yeah, using that link gets me points.  It's okay.  What goes around comes around.  You can have your people give you points.  Plus, I want to see what I can do with points... They have women boxes and men boxes.  I love that the men's costs more, because how often does that happen in the real world?  The website will tell you a four-week wait time for the women's subscription, but I started my subscription April 14th and got April's box a few days later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment