Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gu Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake

Okay...so while I am working on eating healthier...one still needs something real good for dessert every once in awhile...

I found these:


A little on the pricier side, BUT, you also end up with two glass ramekins.  So.  Work that into the price and it actually isn't expensive.

I have tried the chocolate and vanilla cheesecakes.  Which is the box above.

The name may be a bit misleading...because there isn't any chocolate cheesecake there.

It's a chocolately, buttery biscuit base covered in a smooth Madagascan vanilla cheesecake and our signature 53% cocoa Belgian chocolate ganache.

Oh...heaven.

My husband didn't think so.  He thinks the layers by themselves are great, but he didn't care for them together.

I think he's wrong, but I won't tell him so.  Since it comes two to a package, it means that a few days later, I can have the other one.  I don't have to share.

They also have: hot chocolate souffles...hot chocolate molten lava cakes...key lime pies...mango and passion fruit mini cheesecakes...and mini pots of chocolate ganache.

Which I thought was funny at first...but after tasting it on top of the cheesecake...yes please!  (oh, and you can make hot cocoa out of them...yup...i'll be doing that...)

You can check out their website HERE.

Giant thumbs up.

1 comment: