Thursday, August 8, 2013

Warm Bodies Review

So 'Warm Bodies' was at the top of my Netflix queue.


And then it sat my house for awhile...because I wasn't all excited to watch it.

And then I finally watched it.

And this thing happened, called: I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

I think part of my hesitation was the lead actor...Nicholas Hoult...

See, when he was younger, he starred in one of my all-time favorite movies, "About a Boy".


(if you haven't watched that movie...go watch it.)

And since I absolutely love that movie...maybe a part of me didn't want him to suck and ruin part of the simple joy I get from 'About a Boy'.

But...he is a great actor.  I will trust him from now on.  If he happens to suck in something, I'll be blaming the director.

Back to 'Warm Bodies'.

R is a zombie...he thinks his name started with an 'R'...he doesn't quite remember...and he ends up liking a girl.  And that gives his heart a jump start.  And you need to watch it because it's just good.

It's PG-13...dues to partial nudity...???...at one point, he takes a shower and you see the back of his shoulders...I don't know that that's partial nudity.  It wasn't a sensual thing.  It's fine.

It's also due to violence.  It is a zombie movie...there is a scene where humans get killed.  Oh, and a zombie starting to turn into a skeleton dude.  But it's okay.  It didn't frighten me...I didn't really notice the human/zombie violence much because that's when R sees Julie...that's what I was watching.  Their relationship was starting and she didn't even know.

Watch the movie.  My girls think it's terrific also!

Two thumbs up.

1 comment: